Mazar-I-Sharif Seeds by the Real Seed Co is a pure Afghan landrace cannabis strain.
Mazar-I-Sharif seeds produce a resin packed indica from Real Seed Co produces the legendary hashish known as "Shirak-i-Mazar" and "Milk of Mazar" in Afghanistan. There it is grown around the desert towns of Balkh, Mazar-i-Sharif and Sheberghan in the far north of Afghanistan, close to the modern borders of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
The people of these regions are a patchwork of Turkic, Tajik, Afghan and Pashtun tribes, and the history of Mazar-i-Sharif strains is likely to be equally complex. In fertile and well-irrigated soils these vigorous giants are capable of reaching 4 metres in height or more, and will produce a similarly enormous yield of intensely resinous flowers. Traditionally harvested in the first half of December with the onset of the brutal Central Asian winter, Mazar-i-Sharif plants will enjoy cold conditions, including snow, and will turn a deep blood red in low temperatures. Growers favour leaving the harvest as late as possible, sometimes into early January. Sieved "Milk of Mazar" garda is very resinous and so can be hand-pressed to make charas; it has a distinctively pungent, sweet aroma and a dreamily mellow high. Over-indulgence produces a mind-warping, immobilising and narcotic effect. Mmmmm.
- Cannabis genetics: Northern Afghan charas cultivar
- Type: Traditional pure bred landrace
- Variety: Pure Indica
- Height: can reach 3 to 4 meters in its natural environment.
- Yield: 1.5 to 2 kilos of dried flowers in its natural environment
- Aroma: Pungent, intense terpene aroma, classic Afghan, with some sweetness
- Harvest: December January
- Characteristics: Exceptionally large indica strain with the classic wide leaves
- Seeds in pack: 12 and 25 seed packs available.
Real Seed Co Mazar-I-Sharif Seeds